Every student will have an individualized
educational program aligned to their personal learning goals to ensure
success at Taos Academy and beyond. The following represent requirements
for participation and success at Taos Academy.
- All students will be required to meet the following rigorous academic requirements:
- All students will meet all state requirements for High School graduation.
- All students will show adequate yearly growth in literacy and mathematics.
- All students will have a minimum grade-point average of 2.5 to be promoted to the next level.
- Mid-level students will successfully complete one academic or elective high school level class to enter ninth grade.
school level students will successfully complete either coursework for
two college-level classes or 100 hours of participation in an internship
- All students will participate in leadership training to develop personal and community life goals.
- All students will participate in enrichment opportunities to further enhance their educational experience.
- Students can attend school year-round to further promote academic success.
size will be 1:15 teacher/student ratio for traditional classes,
slightly higher for online classes, and very small for academic
- All levels will participate in foreign language instruction.
students will show evidence of becoming an independent, lifelong
learner. That is, the student must demonstrate the ability to pose
questions, marshal resources, and pursue learning with dedication,
independence, imagination, and courage through the development of an
- Students working from home must have access to a high speed internet connection.
- A minimum of 25 units is required for high school graduation.